For the little ones
- Burdekin Library Ayr – every Friday at 10:30am (during school terms).
- Home Hill Branch Library - every Wednesday at 10:30am (during school terms)
Storytime is a fun, interactive half hour program for children aged 0-5 and their families. A story is either read or told and interaction with the content is encouraged and supported. Stories may be combined with an activity, song or similar stories on a related theme with a fun activity to do at the end. It facilitates adult-child interaction, pre-literacy support and communication development.
Baby Rhyme Time
- Burdekin Library Ayr – every Thursday at 10:30am (during school terms).
Baby Rhyme Time is a fun, interactive half hour program for children aged 0-2 and their families. Parents and carers can share in simple songs and action rhymes with their baby to grow their communication, language and social skills.
Messy Play normally occurs on the last Thursday of every month. It is perfect for children aged 0-5 years. Messy Play includes play with paint, water, sand, slime, kinetic sand and so much more. Children’s smocks are available for use. It is recommended that children wear sun safe clothing and sun cream.
- Last Thursday of every month, 10:30am at the Burdekin Library entrance (during school terms).
Nature Play Storytime - currently suspended
Located at Burdekin's new Plantation Park Nature Playground, Nature Play Storytime is a fun, interactive half hour program for children aged 0-5 and their families. The storytime will combine story, play and movement together utilising the playground's natural elements
- Last Friday of every month at 10:30am (during school terms).
OverDrive for Kids
Like to read or listen to stories? We have lots of books to download to your computer, iPad, tablet or e-reader.