Street Stalls and Raffles
Approval is required to set up a street stall or raffle on Council roads, footpaths or other areas.
Council has a number of locations, mainly on Queen Street, Ayr and Eighth Avenue, Home Hill, where raffles and street stalls may be held.
For information on availability of dates and locations and to receive approval, please contact Council's Customer Service Centre.
If approved a copy of your current public liability insurance to the value of $10,000,000 is to be provided to Council.
When approving the request, consideration will be made of adjacent businesses for example a stall selling cakes may not be approved near a bakery.
Stall holders will be required to:
- set up adjacent to the shop front
- minimise depth of stall so that maximum pedestrian access can be maintained
- maintain the visual amentiy of the area
- remove any waste genereated at the end of the stall
- only operate during the permitted hour/s
- not cause a nuisance nor disrupt adjacent businesses
- ensure the area is kept clean and tidy
- be responsible for any damage to Council property
Should the stall involve the sale of food an additional approval may be required. Please contact Council to discuss further.