Happy Healthy Home
Happy Healthy Home Providers
For inspirational and educational videos in the Happy Healthy Home series, click here. Access a range of services below to keep physically and mentally healthy.
Mental Health and Wellbeing Support
Burdekin Community Association (BCA)
- 4783 3744
- Burdekin Community Association offers a range of support services including housing and community support, home care, and health and wellbeing services. BCA are also constantly in communication with other agencies so if they are unable to help, can easily recommend someone who can.
Burdekin Suicide Prevention Network
- 4783 2711
- Contact Name: Jeanie Zonta
- The Burdekin Suicide Prevention Network (BSPN) is happy to offer a FREE online suicide prevention training program to help people recognise when someone is having thoughts of suicide and how to respond to keep that person safe.
- 0427 455 313
- Contact Name: Ross Romeo
- CORES is a community based program which educates members of the community on how to intervene when they encounter a person they believe may be suicidal. Suicide and self-harm continue to be major issues in rural communities throughout Australia. CORES educates community members how to be proactive to prevent somebody taking their life or harming themselves.
Talk HQ Speech Pathology
- 4755 0225
- Contact Name: Julie Sexton
- TalkHQ Speech Pathology services Ayr, Charters Towers, Bowen, Ingham, Townsville, Palm Island and Hughenden. Our therapists are fully qualified speech pathologists, members of Speech Pathology Australia, and have over 17 years combined clinical experience.
- 0418 872 899
- Contact Name: Emma Barbagallo
- Barbwire Fitness has moved to an online platform however is still offering a range of targeted personal training and fitness sessions online.
Brett Butler PT
- 0408 723 826
- Contact Name: Brett Butler
- Prior to the pandemic, Brett offered personal training either one-on-one, in pairs or small groups - however now continues to offer online workouts, personalised plans and challenges.
- 0417 676 567
- Contact Name: Joanne Barbagallo
- Curves Ayr offers online fitness classes and weight loss advice
- 0437 365 577
- Contact Name: Emily Harapeet
- Ebody Studio has moved to Facebook and are offering free home workouts, videos and weekly challenges offering a $50 voucher to the winner at a different local business every week during this time to help clients stay active and positive but to also help support the local community at the same time.
Evolve Health & Yoga
- 0448 503 790
- Contact Name : Samantha Minuzzo
- Evolve Health & Yoga is hosting regular online Yoga classes
First In Physio
Contact Name : Patrick Shannon
The doors are still open at First In Physio and the space is regularly sanitised for members of the community with sports and exercise injuries or those requiring treatment. The team are offering a range of online Pilates and Yoga classes and fitness advice. First In Physio offers the following weekly online classes ($10 per class):
- Yoga and guided meditation Monday 6pm
- Clinical Pilates Tuesday 5:30pm
- Strength and Conditioning (bodyweight) Thursday 5:45pm
Teenage athlete training programs offered via ZOOM will also be running 3 times weekly, to keep our kids fit and strong while our sporting programs are on hold. Physio and Exercise Physiology appointments are continuing in clinic. If you are unsure whether it is safe for you to attend the clinic, or you have any other concerns, please call our receptionists to help them triage you over the phone. TeleHealth consultations are also available where necessary and appropriate.
- 0419 774 749
- Contact Name : Andrea Piotto
- Online fitness classes and training
Snap Fitness Burdekin
- 0457 067 391
- Contact Name: Yvette Lando
- Snap Fitness provides members with online support for at home workouts, mental well-being, and the Snap Fitness Move at Home Challenge
- 0409 991 217
- Contact Name: Tricia Heatley
- Tricia regularly posts workout videos to her Facebook page for her followers to try at home, with circuit suggestions and advice
Queensland Care Army
- 1800 173 349
- Just like we banded together as the Mud Army through the 2011 floods – we need to band together right now. To care for all Queenslanders during the coronavirus outbreak, especially those most at risk: Queenslanders over 65 and over 50 if they’re of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent. The Care Army is about bringing Queenslanders together to lend a hand to seniors and people most at-risk during this pandemic, while continuing to practice social distancing techniques.
Happy Healthy Home
Register below to be part of Council's Happy Healthy Home initiative.