Burdekin Shire Council has a number of policies that relate to Burdekin residents and businesses as well as anyone visiting the area.
Policies state Council’s intent, commitment or position on strategic issues and assist in informing the community and council officers on Council’s desired outcomes.
Policies are approved and adopted by the council.
Copies of the policies are available for collection from the Burdekin Shire Council Chambers in Ayr. They can also be viewed online or downloaded and printed using the links below.
Management Commitment Statements
Management Commitment Statements describe what the Chief Executive Officer (acting under the Local Government Act) considers to be appropriate in relation to specific issues arising out of either legislation or Council decisions. They generally relate to the implementation of the day-to-day operations of the council.
If you cannot find what you need, please contact the Customer Service Centre by phoning (07) 4783 9800.
Current Council Policies
The following policies have been approved and adopted by the council.
Council Policies Under Review
A major policy review is currently under way. As existing policies are updated or new policies are adopted, this Policy Register will change accordingly. Any questions regarding the policy register should be directed to the Executive Officer.
Development and Building Controls
- Urban access provision [E010] – currently under review
- Discharge of rainwater from existing buildings in the CBD [B003] – currently under review
- Dealing with infrastructure access charges [TP004] – currently under review
- Future restrictions on Giru water supply systems [W001] – currently under review
- Giru water supply system [W002] – currently under review
- Replacement of existing private water extensions in rural areas [W003] – currently under review
- Dealing with infrastructure access charges [W007] – currently under review